fredag den 23. oktober 2015

Olivia wrap dress

Hyvää päivää!

I had to start my blogpost about the Olivia wrapdress with a "hello" in finish. The Olivia wrapdress is from the cool finish pattern company Named Clothing. Named Clothing is owned by two sisters who release pattern collections a few times a year. I really like a lot of their patterns because of the modern and contempory vibe.

All right, enough fangirl raving and back to the dress!


This dress is as comfy as a pyjamas. Its made from a soft viscose knit from Stof og Stil. The dress is a fabric eater and requires 2,90m, but don't be tempted to buy cheaper stuff, because this dress is so comfy to wear, that you'll wear it again and again.


I have seen so many wrap dresses in the sewing community the last six month, but not in the shops? Sometimes the sewingworld creates it's own trends? I remember I had a wrap dress - maybe 10 years ago?. I also remember the skirt to be quite clingy and to show all the lumps and bumps I had back then. I still have the lumps and bumps - and these days I have even more than back then, but this dress is constructed with small pleats which make the sillouette on (curvy) women look more attrative. And the idea of sewing your own clothes is to get clothes that fit your body and not just the clothing companys idea of a body. Anyway, all this ranting was just to say, that I really like my wrap dress and I'm sure it will be an everyday dress I'll use a lot this winter.


The only alteration I did on this dress was to cut off 13 cm. The pattern will give you a calf length dress, but I'm not sure this is a very good dress lenght on me.

Pondering about making more wrap dresses....


Do you plan your sewing after what you see in the shops - or where do you get your inspiration?

Happy sewing


Mette

2 kommentarer:

  1. Smuk med smuk på :-) Den klær dig virkelig godt! Jeg blir inspireret i modebilledet og på blogs og Instagram. Jeg måtte straks ind og se på denne kjole efter du postede den på IG. Jeg har efterhånden en del stof og mønstre liggende, nu mangler jeg tid og min normale krop. SÅ skal der produceres til mig selv :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Tak skal du have Line. Named Clothing er virkelig værd at tjekke ud for mønstre. Jeg kan virkelig godt lide, at de er mere moderne i snittet end de fleste tilgængelige symønstre.
      Det er sjovt, hvor inspirationen kommer fra. For år tilbage fik jeg mest inspiration fra modeblade, men idag er det sjældent, jeg køber dem, da jeg ser så meget på nettet istedet.
      Jeg vil glæde mig til at se, hvad du får produceret:)

      Slet