fredag den 29. januar 2016

Spring planning

Planning what to sew for spring will make spring actually come right? We have had snow here in Denmark for a week or so, but it's gone now and it feels like winter is loosing it's grasp. Maybe we will have another snowstorm, but today it feels a bit like spring. So I'm calling of sewing winter clothes and starting planning what to sew for spring. Sewing takes a long time, so I like to have a plan for what to sew for the upcoming season, before I really need the clothes.

This spring I really need a new spring coat and I have seen this from the danish brand Baum und Pherdgarten's spring 2016 collection and will use it as inspiration.


I have the simplicity 1015 pattern in my stash that I will alter so it will look more like my inspiration picture. I have already bought some navy cotton twill and I have lining in my stash so I'm ready to go.


I need more separates for work and I think I'll start sewing this top in a blush wool viscose crepe. The pattern is the Cézembre top from Annaka Couture. You can find the pattern here.


I think I will try to make a pair of pants too. I have never had much luck in the pants department - neither when sewing or buying rtw. So it would be a sensible persons choice to devote some time here... Let's se if that happens...


A more likely scenario would be some dress sewing! I have already cut this burdastyle dress out. You can find it here. I have some gorgeous cotton silk in navy and green (very springy colours!) left from my Paris fabric raid last summer that hopefully will be perfect for this dress.


And the Wenona.. Such a great shirtdress. It has been on my sewing list since last spring and I still haven't made it. This spring it will happen. I'm planning to sew it up in some Robert Kaufmann chambray - can't get enought of that.


This was my bucketlist. I know this will probably not be the only things I'll sew. I have already planned a few things for the kids as well, but I hope having this list will help me stay focused...

Have you started sewing for spring yet? What are your plans - please spill the beans - I'd love to read all about your fantasy spring wardrobe.

Happy sewing everyone

Mette

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar